As all good designers agree, illumination is one of the most crucial elements for any interior decoration scheme. Lighting, when executed in the best manner, with the help of dimmers, old-fashion DIY and LED lights, can prep up a boring space, offer a splash of style and also improve the ambience and aura of your home. As per what ace architects have to say, the best way in which you can screw up perfect architecture is with the help of poor lighting. Even though you may have spent millions of dollars on countertops, awesome cabinetry, wall coverings and furniture, if you don’t take a step forward to highlight the apt things, you won’t have them appreciated.
Casting the best light on your home, whether with a decorative light bulb or an LED bulb or with any other fancy light, is an art that you need to master. The key is to be aware of about which kind of light you’re working with. Let’s check out few quick tips that you need to follow.
- Ambient light which falls from a flush ceiling fixture usually casts a very relaxed flow or the typical bright kind of light.
- As long as task lighting is concerned, this takes the spotlight to a particular area like the kitchen countertop or the desk, accent lighting which includes track or rail lighting or paintings, highlight textures, sculpture and decor.
- Wall fixtures and decorative wall sconces usually cast light that falls indirectly.
- Accent lamps, with LED bulbs add that extra glory to fireplaces and bookshelves
- Floor lamps or torchieres usually have an upward glow or an even better traditional shade brightens the corners and adds that added light to that dark room.
Now that you’ve taken the decision on the desired lighting effect which you wish to install in your home, the ultimate fact lies in the details. Simmons creates a specific lighting plan for every space which depends on the functionalities of the room. For instance, chandeliers offer vintage elegance and glamour and also give ambient light. You can either hang them alone or in pairs in the living room, bedroom or even at the bathroom. However, if you wish to make a huge difference, replace all the switches with dimmers so that you can dim off the light whenever needed. When you can adjust the lighting, it gets comfortable due to the dynamic interiors.
You can also add few strips of light-emitting diodes or LEDs which are environment-friendly and which are flexible. They are usually used to illuminate different architectural details through a nice rainbow of colors. Such light modules usually enliven any under-countertop edges, cabinet lighting or kitchen islands. While on the staircase, they may even make it easier to check on the place they’re stepping on to.
Therefore, whenever you think of decorating your home with the best lighting, you should take into account the above mentioned information shared by the famous architects. Create the best look for your home.