Aadhar card in layman’s term is a unique identification number allotted to a person by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) after collecting their bio – metric and demographic data. All residents of India are eligible for an Aadhar card, from kids to the elderly and from NRI’s to foreign nationals residing in India. Aadhar card is completely voluntary, meaning it is not compulsory to have an Aadhar Card.
Advantages / Benefits of Aadhar Card:
The Government of India has linked various citizen benefit schemes and a range of services to the Aadhar card, making it an important card to have. There are umpteen number of benefits associated with Aadhar cards some of which are as follows;
- One Aadhar card serves as a nationally accepted identity and residential proof.
- Aadhar card is needed to avail of the Direct Benefit Transfer of LPG subsidy to your bank account offered by the Government of India.
- With Aadhar card, one can easily open a bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana along with getting other associated benefits like RuPay Card, zero balance saving account and life and accident insurance cover.
- Having an Aadhar card helps in getting a passport that too in 10 days. In this scheme the police verification is done at a later stage as opposed to the old rule.
- With Aadhar card one can avail of the ‘Digital Locker’ scheme, where anyone with Aadhar card can store their personal documents in government servers.
- Aadhar card is also being used to link with voter – id cards, to eliminate fraud voter id and ensure a fairer election process.
Apart from the above mentioned benefits, there are plenty other benefits associated with Aadhar card, so enrol today and make yourself eligible for a host of benefits.
Download Aadhar card online using name and date of birth
The process to download Aadhar card by name and date of birth is rather simple and is as follows.
- To begin with open the UIDAI site.
- click on ‘Aadhaar Enrolment’ and select ‘Download Aadhaar’
- You will be diverted to like https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Another window will open where a pop up window will show “how you can enter your aadhar pdf password to open the pdf file containing your e-Aadhaar”.
- Select “Aadhaar” if you know your Aadhaar number
- Enter your personal details like, Aadhaar number, Full name, pin code of your address
- And then enter the Captcha image.
- Click on “Get One Time Password” choice to get the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- If you use mAadhaar app, select TOTP.
- Select “confirm” to send the OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP.
- Finally select “Approve and Download” to download the e-Aadhaar on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter your Aadhar pdf password to open the e-Aadhaar card.
Your Aadhar pdf password is the first four letters of your name in capital letters and year of birth like – SONI1992.